Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Parenting 011

We're in the remedial class, just trying to catch up.

To what?

In this age of accomplishing everything under the sun before starting a family, it's pretty normal for a couple of 30-something year olds to be starting a family.  However, compared to our parents, we're pretty remedial.

Mr. A is his mother's ONLY child.  She was 24 years old when he was born.  I (Mrs. O) was born when my mother was 31.  The big difference is I was their baby #2 and baby #3 came along shortly thereafter.

Both of us pursued our educational goals first.  Our parents earned most of their degrees after they started a family.

What did you do?  Compared to your parents, are you remedial (older than your parents), on grade level (same age) or ahead of the curve (younger than your parents)?

7 comments:

  1. definitely ahead of the curve! I just turned 39 and I already have 2 grandchildren! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30s is the new 20s! Hubby and I are both in our 30s and we just had our first baby 4.5 months ago. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely behind! My mother and father were married and had me at 18 and 19! I'm in my 30's! I can't imagine myself parenting any earlier than this, though. I was way to self-absorbed at 20!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Mormon so we get married, have babies, and try to achieve world abomination by age 22. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, we don't have kids and most likely won't so does that make us dropouts? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. We started early 25 and 26 but I did have difficulty the second time around. There is a lot to be said about becoming a parent at a more mature age though. I think I'm more patient with our second child because I was older when she was born. Best of luck to you.

    Thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS day.

    ReplyDelete